Sunday, January 31, 2016

'Hoods #4: Hyde Park May 15 2010 (and some supplements)

On May 15 2010 we held our 4th 'Hoods.
This time?
Hyde Park.

Participants: Jeremy O, Andy, Jo, Megan, Kelly, Anne, Tom

What's irritating about this one is that I absolutely made the packet.
And I CANNOT find a copy of it. Not even a saved version on any of my old computers.
Balls.

So, if you were on this one and have a copy,
for the love of sweet baby Jesus, please scan it and send it on to me.
It's the only missing piece in my collection!
It plagues me...

But I DO have a billion pictures.

'Hoods Hyde Park flickr album

Highlights: The University of Chicago campus,
        -the Oriental Institute,
        -that chapel,
        -turning the corner and stumbling on that little a cappella
         group rehearsing in the courtyard and their voices
         reverberated in the quiet,
        -the weird juggling and ball rolling student activity on the green,
        -the bicycle race happening on the midway,
        -looking for wild parrots (and not finding any),
        -Valois cafeteria,
        -Promontory Point,
        -the Japanese Garden in Jackson Park (while dodging the
         lascivious activity in the bushes)

For the purposes of personal completion, I have supplemented Hyde Park on a couple of occasions.

Bill, Kelly W-I and I visited on November 22 2014
Again, packet-less. I think we just used the AIA guide on this one.

'Hoods Hyde Park supplement Nov 2014

Highlights: the Loredo Taft sculpture on the midway,
        -as well as his sculpture studio,
        -that Mies Van Der Rohe building,
        -eating at Medici,
        -more Oriental Institute,
        -Robie House,
        -that little teeny tiny chapel with the quintet rehearsing

If I REALLY want to get completion-est about it, Brooke and I visited Hyde Park on July 28 2010 as part of our 'summer of fun.'

Hyde Park, summer of fun

Highlights: the Smart museum (that houses some of the Robie house furniture), and more Medici eating.

And on July 21 2012 my Frank Lloyd Wright club visited and toured the Robie House. And guess where we ate? Medici. Stuck in a rut. I KNOW there's other good food in Hyde Park. Next time!

Robie House pics

Well, and technically, Husband and I also visited Hyde Park in Sept of 2008. We ate some ribs at the Wooded Isle in Jackson Park, then went to the Court Theater on the U of C campus to see Caroline or Change. But we got there a little early. So we took a walk around campus.

Going to see 'Caroline or Change' at the Court theater

Apparently I go to Hyde Park all the time. It's a delight.




No comments:

Post a Comment