Sunday, January 31, 2016

'Hoods #5: Lincoln Park Aug 21 2010

On Aug 21 2010 We embarked on 'Hoods #5.
Lincoln Park.
Lincoln Park is big, y'all. So it wasn't, by any means, a complete tour of the neighborhood.
But we hit a LOT.
And it was hot as BALLS.

Participants: Brooke and Jeremy L (for lunch), Tim, Kelly, Tom, Kate, Ed, Anne, Tom's lady friend at the time

'Hoods Lincoln Park flickr album

Tom made this packet. He was a task master. Kept us running!

'Hoods packet Lincoln Park

Highlights: Frances' diner,
        -the most expensive block in Chicago,
        -meeting Kate's friend who was an anthropologist for Northwestern
         who'd lived in the neighborhood since the 70s and had stories to tell,
        -Italian ice,
        -Henry Darger's house (I went home that night and immediately watched that
         documentary on him and his outsider art),
        -Oz Park,
        -all kinds of plaques for historically and architecturally significant buildings,
        -Lincoln hall

I've also visited Lincoln Park Zoo about a million times. Here are a few.

Lincoln Park Zoo Dec 2008

Lincoln Park Zoo June 2011

Lincoln Park Zoo Oct 2012

Lincoln Park Zoo Lights 2012

Lincoln Park Zoo Lights Dec 2013

Lincoln Park Zoo Lights Dec 2014

Lincoln Park Zoo Lights Dec 2015

Also? Bill and I do Open House Chicago every year. Which isn't 'Hoods. But it's 'Hoods adjacent. And in 2013 we did a BUNCH of Lincoln Park:
the Brewster apartments,
the Laflin building at Lincoln Park Zoo,
the Moody Church,
the National Shrine of Saint Frances of Cabrini,
the Second Church of Christ, Scientist, Chicago (Solon Beman!),
St. Clement Church,
and the Sedgwick Studio.

So, though there are a bunch of pics from the Gold Coast in this collection (which we did on the second day of Open House) I feel I'd be remiss if I didn't include this flickr set, too.

Open House Chicago 2013, during which we did a CRAP TON of Lincoln Park


No comments:

Post a Comment