Thursday, February 4, 2016

'Hoods #14: Andersonville August 28 2011

Kate organized Andersonville.
A lot of us live(d) in/near Andersonville so we were pretty familiar with the 'hood already. But we STILL discovered a lot!

That's the beauty. Though we might do a good amount of eating or drinking in a certain neighborhood, we rarely take the time to get a picture of the neighborhood, as a whole. With its history and architecture, etc. 'Hoods.

Participants: Ed, Kate, Kelly, Jeremy L, Anne, Dan, Tom

Highlights: Svea for brunch. The viking! My fave brunch spot in the 'hood.
     -the Swedish American Museum, adorbs. In which we saw the typewriter
      Nelson Algren used to write 'The Man With the Golden Arm' which I'd learned
      about in the Ukrainian Village 'Hoods, then read (then watched the movie).
      'Hoods touching! I also learned that Walgreens was Chicago, and Swedish!
     -shopping. I bought a lamp shade at the Brown Elephant. I'm sitting under it now.
     -the silly little Edgewater Historical Society
     -drinks on the patio at the Edgewater Lounge (sadly, now gone)
     -the Woolly Mammoth
     -aquavit and frozen glogg at Simon's
     -and then? Getting to go downstairs in Simon's and seeing where the old
      speakeasy was. With a bullet hole in the old secret door! Was it called the No No Club?
     -and then somehow Ed found the painting that used to hang at the Nisei in
      the midst of all the crap piled in the basement!
     -dinner at the Hopleaf :)

Andersonville 'Hoods flickr album

Andersonville 'Hoods packet

Again, we spend a lot of time in Andersonville.

When Kelly and Jeff and the kids visited and we went to the Swedish Museum and ate outside at Lady Gregory's

When we went to the new Pastoral

I think that the Koval distillery counts as Andersonville?

when we did the City Made fest, Sofo, and the patio at Hopleaf

one of a million times I've seen or participated in You're Being Ridiculous at Mary's Attic

Kate's bachelorette party was all Andersonville, including Farraguts, and a bar that's no longer there

Billiam's bachelor party was at Konak

Anteprima and Atmosphere with the ladies

and a few visits to one of a few Jewish Delis

etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment