Sunday, February 7, 2016

'Hoods #16: Roscoe Village/North Center November 13 2011

Julie planned out Roscoe Village for us.

I almost felt MORE conspicuous in this neighborhood for being an outsider than in, say, Pilsen or Ukrainian Village (where someone actually came out and said 'well YOU'RE not Ukrainian.'
Let's just say there were a LOT of young, white, fit, mothers pushing very expensive strollers. Don't get me wrong. I'm painting the neighborhood with a really broad stroke here. I get it. Just an observation.

Participants: Julie, Anne, Dan, Dan's mom, Kelly, Ed, Kate, Bill, William

Highlights: Is this the first 'hoods where we're sporting our
   hoodies with the 'hoods patch? That can't be right. I'll have
   to look into that.
  -vegan cheesecake is disgusting
  -I have GOT to get back to those antique stores on Belmont
   and get me some Riverview memorabilia
  -cop art
  -walking under the Belmont flyover, that will soon be torn
   down
  -Ed's hairstylist in the heart of Roscoe
  -Riverview tavern
  -PRAM IN A BAR!
  -getting thrown off of WGN property!
  -Architectural Artifacts
  -Margie's candy, the 2nd location
  -Half Acre
  -the Bad Apple

Roscoe Village/North Center 'Hoods flickr album

Roscoe Village/North Center 'Hoods packet

This is such a big neighborhood. I feel like this one needs another visit to fill in some gaps.

We DO (or DID) go to Architectural Artifacts pretty often. Love it.

several Architectural Artifact visits

No comments:

Post a Comment