Technically the 2012 visit was a preview and the REAL 'hoods happened in 2013. But hey. Whatever.
In 2012 we brunched at Ina's (now gone) and visited the Randolph Street Market. It got us into the plumber's union building. And we bought some sweet vintage items.
Randolph Street Market and Ina's
On Feb 23 2013 we had an ACTUAL 'hoods. I planned this one.
Participants: Kelly, Kate, Ed, Bill, Jeremy L, Julie
Highlights: husband got a pork belly at Grant Park packing
-pre-brunch at Publican Quality Meats
(sweet, sweet charcuterie plate!)
-for REALS brunch at the Publican
(sweet, sweet slabs of bacon!)
-shopping on Lake (cutlery and fishes)
-walking over the expressway
-site of the Haymarket riot
-drankin at the Haymarket brewery
-checkin the restaurants and markets on Fulton
-bansky
-eyeballing the art galleries
-no more hologram museum!
-coffee at la colombe (now all over the city)
-packer schopf gallery
-harpo studios
-all the warehouses, and warehouse architecture
-jantiques
-MORE coffee at Jupiter Outpost
-that cat at the Mars gallery (the center of some
sort of energy vortex?)
-FANCY drinks at the Aviary!
'Hoods fulton market flickr album
'Hoods fulton market packet
Here's the time we saw Story Sessions at City Winery
Here's the time we at at NEXT for my birthday!
Here's the time we visited both CH and Rhine Hall distilleries
at Little Goat
Impressions: Good eats! I love old factory and warehouse architecture. I'm sad that all of the ACTUAL meat packaging businesses and warehouses are being pushed out. But all of the new businesses are sexy and delicious. Interesting intersection of art galleries, expensive food, and old-school industry. Kind of exciting, in a 'changing neighborhood' kind of way. I mean, I love a loft space. Hope it retains some of its charm and doesn't become soul-less. Also? Someone bring back that hologram museum!
No comments:
Post a Comment